Using a professional fly control service is the most effective way to guarantee the complete removal of flies from your business.
- Exclusion – Proofing of doors, windows, roof vents, etc. to prevent flies entering a premises.
- Restriction – General good housekeeping practices to remove possible fly breeding sites.
- Destruction – Use of the correct fly control treatment for your individual circumstances.
- Monitoring – Inspection during regular visits.
Soda Bottle Traps
- Clean an empty, plastic two-liter soda bottle.
- Carefully cut the top third of the bottle by cutting near where the top of the label used to be.
- Pour a sweet liquid, like sugar water, in the larger, bottom third of the bottle.
- Turn the top third of the bottle upside-down, making a cone shape, and place it in the opening of the larger part of the bottle.
- Flies will find their way into the bottle but will be unable to get out.
Vinegar and Dish Soap Fly Trap
- Use a shallow dish bowl and fill it with an inch of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Next, add some fruit-scented dish soap.
- You can leave the dish uncovered or tightly covered with plastic wrap. Make sure to poke a few holes in it to attract the flies.